

Here it is folks! At last I found an Airstream camper. I bought this 17' Airstream Safari Sport on Ebay! I had done so much research and watched so many Airstream sites that when I saw this come up on Ebay I knew I wanted it. I was lucky because other bidders were not serious and for the most part bid only once. I was nervous because I had never used Ebay before and I surely could have been outbid. The first thing I did was to call the seller to ask about shipping and whether it could be stored until early January. You see, it is in Denton, Texas. The unit was being sold by an RV dealer and the salesman, Brian couldn't have been more helpful giving me a ballpark estimate for shipping and then telling me he couldn't see why they wouldn't store it until I could get there. I then began to bid and was the highest bidder. I did not reach the reserve price which is the lowest the seller will go but keeping in contact with Brian I discovered that I was only $200. away so we concluded the deal after the Ebay auction. It is a stretch to buy from so far away but Brian had a 100% positive comment on Ebay so I was pretty sure of doing business that way. Paperwork came as attachments to my e-mail and were faxed or Fed-Exed back and now I own the camper! So how am I posting pictures? My realtor, Madelyn told me she was going to Dallas. I said, "You will be right near my Airstream!". She said she would go see it and take pictures. I sent Brian and e-mail and he was all for it. He said he would feel better if Madelyn saw it. Saturday Madelyn took these two pictures and many others. I will pick it up in January and then go on to the Florida Keys and it will be back in here with me in March. Madelyn was calling it the peanut but we agree it is the perfect size for me. I love it already!
No comments:
Post a Comment