Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shedding Stuff


It has been more than 6 months since I made the decision to sell the house and some belongings and sell out my antique business. It is a long and tedious process. I have had several garage sales, one exclusively antiques. I've gone to the flea market to sell antiques. I have gone to several antique shows where I regularly sell. I am even cleaning out my own collections like my white ironstone. I have given items to rummage sales, book sales and clothing has gone to the Asbury Storehouse for distribution to people in need. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff but looking at this picture I see that I still have all the chairs in the photo! Success has been uneven. People don't want to spend more that $1.00 to $5.00 at garage sales and flea markets. Antique shows have proven to be better for selling down my inventory. Now I have put signs in my antique coop that everything is 50% off. Things are now marching out of the coop! Great! Anything left will have to be stored.
The most fun has been my "Free" Table. I have put a table at the end of my driveway with things on it that I don't think anyone would pay for. (Some were even offered free in a garage sale!) For several days in a row the table was empty in a matter of hours. I can do this on a busy street where neighbors do not complain that the table is an eyesore.
It is amazing what I am getting rid of that I thought I would never sell, give away or otherwise live without! Live simply will be my goal from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment