Monday, September 28, 2009

Opera in New York

















I've just been to New York to see "The Magic Flute" at the Metropolitan Opera. These are some pictures from the trip. It wasn't an unusual trip. I have a subscription to the Met and go regularly. It is one of my favorite things to do in the world. I fell in love with opera as a high school student and feel lucky to be able to attend not only the Met but Mercury Opera, Syracuse Opera, Eastman Opera. I've been to the opera in London and Toronto and will continue when I travel to find opera companies and attend the opera when and where I happen to be.
I also happen to love New York and that is why I was not afraid to go to NYC when there had been a major terror threat. As you can see I rode the subway. Other pictures are of the Green Market near Lincoln Center and Bryant Park behind the New York Public Library. The Library had an exhibit called "Mapping the New York Shoreline." Maps from as far back as the 1500's. It was quite a good exhibit.
Usually I like to fly down for the day, leaving at 6:00 A.M. , having breakfast, going to a museum and then to the Matinee at the Met. Sometimes there is time for dinner in a restaurant. Sometimes I can see David, my son. Sometimes friends go with me. When I am on the road I plan to find an RV park near NYC and still attend the opera. I will also find other Opera Companies. That will be a favorite activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment