Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sold!

The house is sold. It sold in early February. I stayed in the Keys until March 2 but came home to clean out the house without Alice. There have been too many snowstorms and my driveway was too snowy to pull a trailer around.
So now the moving out begins. Where to begin. This picture shows a cupboard being moved out of my house. I sent some furniture to an auction. I also took the remnants of my antique business to be auctioned off. I am cleaning my bookshelves and donating books to the Friends of the Library for their sales. I have sold other things privately and will put things on Craigslist. Some things will go to my children and grandchildren. I hope to store a small enough amount that storage costs do not break the travel budget. My house, which was beautiful and pristine for showing to potential buyers, has become chaotic. I keep trying to straighten it up but there are piles of things everywhere to be sent somewhere. There are already boxes piling up. Closing April 28.
I am enjoying seeing my friends and there will be one last trip to the Metropolitan Opera. In reality I can't wait to get going. I will head back to the Florida Keys where Alice is in storage, resting before our adventures really begin. I plan to spend the summer exploring the Great Lakes and am invited to a party in Michigan in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment