Finally a couple of nice days in the Florida Keys. Saturday morning I finally planned my Christening party for Sunday afternoon at 4. I was sad that my friend, Val, had to go home before the party but there were no days while she was here that we could have an outside party.
I washed Alice. I washed my car. I made a list of invitees and walked around the campground to invite my friends. Sunday morning Philip, my chef friend and i shopped. Then we made hor d'oerves for the spread. Beer and wine chilled. Three o'clock came with sprinkles of rain. I had not planned to put my awning out because the arms impede traffic but I had to have cover so out came the awning. John, my neighbor, came up with a tarp which we tied to my awning and his truck camper providing more cover. We had a dining canopy over the table.
People arrived, some with added munchies, some with wine, Tom and Judy with a bottle of champagne. Our cover was sufficient. Everyone enjoyed the time together. John made some remarks and we poured water on Alice. I love my friends here in the Keys and was happy to host the party.
Next week I have to start home and take Alice with me. All my friends in NY are waiting to see her. Alice is seasoned now and I have a good idea what I will take with me in my travels and what to leave home. My test run has been successful. I even have the right " touch" to put the awning out and retract it! My house is sold and I have 2 months to get rid of things, sell things and store the rest. I'll be on my way by May.
Just now got caught up with your blogs / always
ReplyDeleteinteresting reading. However, since I also received a recent email I know Alice continues to
enjoy the Keys / but I hear she is missing you and VERY anxious for your return!