Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let there be Light!

After being in my camper, Alice the Airstream, for a couple of weeks I came to the realization that one thing I was enjoying more than anything else was something very simple. Sure I have all these cool things like a kitchen and TV/DVD not to mention AC that I didn't have in my tent. The thing I like the most is that I have light! It gets dark early in the winter and now I can read at night and cook dinner in light. Such a simple idea.
I am settled into my Keys routine. Walk on the bridge, breakfast, check e-mail at the Kyle inn where I can get WiFi and settle down with my book for a while. My friends walk by with their dogs. We can make plans for later in the day. Afternoon may be spent swimming or housekeeping. The beach or Tiki Bar is a good place for the sunset. I always take my camera. One more bit of light. Last week I finally saw a rare "Green Flash" at sunset! The Green Flash occurs as the sun disappears into the ocean. It is quick and very rare.
This campground is all about fishing. Many people have sites right on the small harbor and can tie up their boats right behind their motor homes. Around 3 p.m. they gather at the fish cleaning station and clean the fish. A good place to see who caught what. Sometimes my friends give me fish to cook.
My friends are here or coming. Phil arrived yesterday, Kathy today and Val on Wednesday. The gang will be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment