
The day I've waited for now since November. Presenting "Alice" the Airstream. Yes she has a name. Even her license plate begins with "A". I promised this post yesterday but couldn't get on the
internet. I have spent one night in her. Of course I didn't remember all they told me and made the hilarious mistake of thinking I was filling my fresh water tank when I was filling the black water tank. Easily fixed. Everything else I muddled through - pump, water heater, furnace, a must since it was only in the teens TV, antenna, stereo, stabilizing jacks. I am very pleased. She looks small from the outside but inside there is plenty of room. Everything works and I drove today to Shreveport, Louisiana. I think I'll reach the Keys on Monday. I am careful, make wide turns and drive at a speed I can handle. The only unnerving part of the day was when I merged onto Interstate 635 from 35E and the merge puts you in the HOV lane. I had to signal and move over 4 times before I landed in the right lane in heavy traffic. People actually gave me space all 4 lanes.
As to hitching up, I've backed the car successfully twice now to the hitch. A spotter is a must and I probably will not unhitch until I get to the Keys. Backing up will be a higher learning curve but I've had 2 pull through sites. Stay tuned!
You did it! The Peanut is beautiful and we will be waiting to here more about your adventures. You go girl. Tear 'em up.
ReplyDeleteTom and the crazy Kansas girls