Arriving at the campground is always exciting for me. Over the years I have made so many friends and I am anxious to see them all. This year arrival was even more special because I hadn’t told anyone about Alice. They all remember me in my tent. I pulled in, parked and got out of the car to walk across to the office. Bonnie was in the office and looked at me with raised eyebrows and surprise. I asked her if she liked my new tent! We had a discussion of whether it would fit on my site that ended with I’ll try it and if it doesn’t fit I’ll be back. I knew it would fit and it did. John, my neighbor wasn’t here yet so I pulled across his site into mine. A few adjustments and I had Alice right where I wanted her. Up the road came a man who said, “Hi Airstreamer. I have an Airstream too. Want some help unhitching? Did I ever! After we finished and he introduced himself and told me where his site is I got to work. First lower the stabilizing jacks. Along came a bicyclist who stopped and asked if he could help. (I was on my knees looking under Alice) I said thank you but I was on the last jack (of 4). That’s one thing I love about campgrounds. Everyone is helpful and friendly.
First off to see George and Susan who said to knock on their door. They knew about Alice because I asked them to look at my site to see if the tree branches were too low.
We were all glad to see each other including Alfie the dog.
Later Arland and Jerene went by as well as Doug and Pam. I went looking for Pam the next day and said, “ Come up to my site. I have a surprise.” Suddenly she said, “You have a camper!” Driving by she thought someone else was on my site. Other good friends I’ve seen, Bill and Nancy, Curt and Rose, Barbara, Jim, Ray, Dennis, Brenda and Jim. Missing so far are Tommy T, John, Phil, Jeanette and Danny, Val. They’ll all be here soon.
Spent this evening on the patio listening to live music and some karaoke. The fun life!
Tomorrow will be spent streaming the Metropolitan Opera on my computer. Carmen.
It is finally warm down here. Unpacked the shorts yesterday!
Hi Sally,
ReplyDeleteJust read about your arrival at your camp site. I'm glad you and Alice were greeted so warmly. The Mercury's La Traviata was fantastic! And it looked like the Eastman Theater was full! It was a big, very happy audience. Talk to you soon.
Marcia
Sally-I finally had a chance to read your posts. I approve highly of Alice as a name and shall think of you as an adventurous duo--Sally and Alice hit the road in search of new experiences. Your photo of the gorgeous sunset made me very envious from my seat here in the frozen north. Thank goodness for garden catalogs and the promise of greenery to come.
ReplyDeleteSharon
Hi, Sally! I finally sat down to read your blog (at least the latest one...I had no idea you had been blogging since last year). Life with Alice sounds idyllic...very free and impromptu. I commend you! I'm going to take some time (after my company leaves) to read the rest of your entries. Have a wonderful time at the campground. Dee Isakson
ReplyDelete