
My best birthday present! The arrival of the
SV Precocious sailed by my friends Susan and George down the
Intracoastal Waterway all the way from Salem, Massachusetts. They called me when they entered the channel to Boot Key Harbor where they will moor for a couple of months. I had told them I would go to
Burdines, a marina and restaurant and take pictures of their arrival. They did stop for gas and fresh water so we got to chat. I was invited for a birthday dinner on the following Sunday
onboard. I had told my friend, John that they were arriving and he came to
Burdines because he wanted to see the boat which he correctly guessed would be a Catalina.
Sunday. George and Susan had extended the dinner invitation to John too guessing that he would enjoy the boat. We met G & S at the Marathon City marina dingy dock and were taken to their moored boat. We enjoyed a cocktail as

Alfie, the dog took his walk around the boat. Water lapped at the boat. The weather was beautiful and so was the boat. (In his life jacket) Good conversation. Sea stories and then dinner.
We were taken to shore in the dingy with the promise that we would be invited to sail with George and Susan when they return from their Christmas trip.

Later the weather turned. High winds and chilly temperatures. Apparently they were rocked to sleep on the Precocious that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment