Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sailing on Precocious

The perfect day came. After a day of thunderstorms we set out to sail on Precocious owned by good friends of mine and sailed down the east coast between September and December. We were met at the water dock at the marina because the fresh water tanks needed to be filled. I walked the dog while George and Susan filled the tanks. We headed out the channel using the engine and passed some friends of ours who had just launched their little fishing boat.
Once out of the channel John and I raised sails and the engine was shut off. What sweet quiet. Now just the wind and the water to hear. Susan soon asked me if I wanted to take the helm. George and Susan basically let John and I stay on the helm all day long. Susan and I made lunch while John kept the helm and under autopilot we all ate. Too soon it was time to head for the channel into the harbor. John attempted a mutiny and grabbed the helm and turned towards the Bahamas but alas we all knew the perfect day was almost over. Note the beautiful color of the water and the Seven Mile Bridge in the picture of John. The picture at the top under gray skies was taken in December. That is what the boat looks like. The other pictures show the sailing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment