Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On the Road Again

For those who have been waiting, I am on the road for the 2011 spring and summer. Plans are to visit with my family for most of a month and travel this year in New England and the Canadian Maritime Provinces. I will visit lots of friends along the way.
Now in Naples, FL I walked out the Naples Pier yesterday. Built in the 1800s, destroyed once by fire and 3 times by hurricanes, it was originally a railroad track out to retrieve cargo and passengers from boats. Now it is a fishing pier
Before I left the Keys I watched the marina launch my friends, George and Susan's sailboat which had been out to sandblast and repaint the bottom. Notice it leaned while being lowered. A little stress but it went in fine. The man standing in front is controlling the lift with a remote control box.
The winter in the Keys was warm and quiet this year. I had a visitor, Kathy, my friend and financial advisor. I tried to show her what life is like in the Keys. She has spent years helping people reach their retirement dreams and loved seeing the retirees having fun. She said it was like going to camp. Lots of fish dinners. Photos of the sunsets from the Tiki Bar. Lots of good friends and some exciting new good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment