The six musicians took turns suggesting songs and giving key signatures and each would stick out her/his foot to signal the others that this would be the last verse or chorus. It is the traditional signal for jamming musicians. I stayed up far later than I usually do. The audience gradually disappeared but the musicians played on because ultimately they were playing for their enjoyment as it should be.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Friday Night is Bluegrass Night
The six musicians took turns suggesting songs and giving key signatures and each would stick out her/his foot to signal the others that this would be the last verse or chorus. It is the traditional signal for jamming musicians. I stayed up far later than I usually do. The audience gradually disappeared but the musicians played on because ultimately they were playing for their enjoyment as it should be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment