Thursday, April 14, 2011

McCellanville Diner

I drove through South Caroling on the coastal road, 2 lane Route 17. It is as close to the coast as I could get. I was disappointed that the Huntington Beach State Park was full. A friend had stayed there and reported favorably on it. I did find this local diner for lunch. I refuse to stop at fast food chains and look for local places with some character. Alton Brown (Feasting on Asphalt, the River Run) would love this little place. Fresh local seafood, everything prepared fresh. I had She Crab Soup and grilled local shrimp served with a fruit salad. It was all excellent. One other standard I have for a place to eat is that I have to be able to park my van and trailer - all 35 feet easily!
I am on the outer banks of North Carolina today headed across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel tomorrow. I will visit friends in Delaware and Maryland before going to Pennsylvania to family

No comments:

Post a Comment