Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally on the road again after a month spent in Rochester and in Pennsylvania visiting my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters and waiting for Airstream to send me a new water pump. I am at the New Jersey shore, always known by Jersey people as "down the shore".
I have not been this far south before even though I grew up in New Jersey. I have been exploring Long Beach Island and saw the Barnegat Light for the first time. This is the week before Memorial Day and Long Beach Island is largely deserted. I had beaches almost to myself. Watched the surfers and read for a while.
I am headed for Cape May. Watch for posts about visiting a friend in Ocean City and about Maritime Cape May the title of a Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel) program that I will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment