Saturday, October 29, 2011

One O Nine Gallery

My friend Tommy Thomason, a Keys friend who lives in Salisbury, NC told me last winter he bought a building and was planning to open a gallery.  Tommy is quite artistic and has been selling his own paintings for quite a while.  I drove to Salisbury to attend the opening reception. 

Tommy T and the Mayor Susan Kluttz

Saturday, October 22 strategically planned to also celebrate Tommy T's birthday was a grand gathering of family, friends, artists whose work is exhibited and for sale in the gallery.  The gallery itself is very nicely put together - of course since Tommy is an artist.  He has a variety of art and gift items.

I loved this wall made of the pressed tin that originally was part of the ceiling but when Tommy purchased the building it was stacked on the floor.  So great that he not only recycled the material but preserved some of the old building.
Tommy and some family
I bought, yes bought several items from the gallery - some picture frames made from old barnwood and some Christmas gifts.  Salisbury is a neat city.  I also took the historical tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment