| St. Augustine City Gates |
| Castillo de San Marco |
One of the best things about the tour trolley is that my ticket was good for three days. The parking was free at certain trolley stops saving me about $10 a day in parking fees and I could ride the trolley to tour another site or go to lunch. I took a tour of the Dow Museum of Historic Houses which featured five houses that dated from 1790 through the mid 1800s. They were well decorated and the architecture was described.
St Augustine was founded when the Spanish arrived in 1565. I visited the Cathedral (forgot my camera if you can imagine). It is the oldest Catholic Parish in America. The priest landed with the Spanish in 1565 and got off the boat first and consecrated the land.
I am happy to once again be at a latitude where there are fruit stands and have fresh vegetables. This one was on my way back to the RV Park from St Augustine.
Now I have moved on and have a seasonal picture for you.
| Santa Claus |
No comments:
Post a Comment