I am stationary now in my Florida Keys Campground escaping the cold and snow of the northern winter. This year I have a different site and an ocean view.
 |
| The View from my doorway |
It is very peaceful to watch the tide rise and fall and watch the boats enter the Channel to the nearby harbor. In addition there are the Ibis and Herons which come to feed at low tide. Sometimes the Ibis walk through my site to get into the water.
 |
| White Ibis and Glossy Ibis feeding. | | |
|
|
One of the favorite activities around here is watching the sun set from the beach complete with a Tiki Bar. It is a good social time. Here is one sunset. What follows is a photo I took two nights ago. There is a rare phenomena called the Green Flash. Actually I've seen several this year. The sun turns green just before it sets completely over the ocean. It is a split second happening and hard to catch but I caught it.
 |
| Green Flash December 12, 2011 |
So excited to read entries from your blogs..we had the privelege of meeting you this weekend at your Florida keys camp (we were tenting)..and to hear about your decision to travel fulltime in your adorable Safari Airstream...Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteMary and David
Very nice setting, Sally! The pictures are wonderful to see as well. Sounds like you're already having a wonderful time. You are really looking great with your new life on the road! I commend you to keep it up. If doing what you're doing makes you younger, it's working! I'll be watching for an update. xxoo
ReplyDelete