Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fort Pierce

I call my friends Jim and Phil "the boys".  The three of us have such fun together.  We spent Christmas weekend together so a few weeks later I drove to Fort Pierce where they stay and spent a couple of days.  Jim took us out to dinner at a beautiful place on the Fort Pierce inlet the first night where I had mussels.  (Better in PEI) After breakfast the next day Phil had to do a job for a customer and Jim and I went to the Navy Seals Museum around the corner from where they stay.





As you can see there were school groups touring the museum which was quite interesting.  The Seals were formerly called Underwater Demolition Teams.  They originally trained on the Fort Pierce Beach.
The second day we went to the beach and Jim went fishing.  We went out to the beach with a fishing cart loaded with rods, bait, our chairs, our books and a beach umbrella so big that all three of us could get some shade.

Jim Casting

This is the best picture I've ever gotten of someone casting.  I love it that the rod has not quite yet gone completely to the sea.  When it flips the line will go and the bait will end up where there are fish.

Sally and Abbie

THE FISH!
We all went back to the shade of the umbrella and picked up our books waiting for the fish to strike.  The rods are in rod holders set in the sand.  Meanwhile along came a man with an African Grey Parrot.  We all went to talk to him since we have a friend in the Keys campground who has an African Grey.





Well, you can see that Jim was successful with this Blue and that Philip, the chef, stuffed and baked it to perfection.  All in all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment