I came down to the Keys in November. Jim arrived a week later and stayed for Thanksgiving. There is a great community dinner on Thanksgiving. I usually bake an Apple Pie which goes fast because it is the only homemade pie. Jim went on to North Hutchinson Island where he stays and I went there for my birthday.
Jim likes to fish from the beach which is right across from his motel. He only caught some small Amberjacks that day. Throw backs. We spent my birthday on the beach for a while anyway. Here is a picture I took with my IPhone.
I stayed a week and drove back to the Keys. Activity here is riding my bike across the old bridge (more in a later post), reading visiting with friends.
Jim and our friend Philip came down for Christmas week. I was taking care of a friend's dog for the 2 weeks that they go home for Christmas. Here is Alfie on Christmas Day.
Our Christmas tree was on the table and Santa came!
Next was Christmas Brunch. We bought oysters and ate them every way we could think. Christmas brunch is Hangtown Fry ( Eggs, oysters, shiitake mushrooms, bacon parsley) fruit salad and fresh squeezed orange juice for the mimosas and blackberry muffins also home baked.
On New Years Eve there is a party on the beach. We brought an appetizer and danced and danced and danced!
Notice the copyright on the picture. My friend Steve took these pictures and gave me permission to post them.
I wasn't on the beach this night but did get good shot another night.
No comments:
Post a Comment