The last lighthouse we saw was the St Helena Island light which is owned by the GLLKA and is under restoration. A Boy Scout troop from Ann Arbor was on the island and met our boat in their dingy . They have been working on this lighthouse for many years one week at a time in the summer. They are known as the "Lighthouse Troop" and 22 Eagle projects have come from the restoration. They brought out a bucket of stones on which they had painted the lighthouse and we could buy the stones for $1 supporting the troop. I can't buy objects and fill my 17 ft. trailer but I bought this one. It is a once a year offering and we took the tour on that day!
Today, a rainy day there are projects around my trailer and then I'll read. Tomorrow better. I'll go to the Soo locks.
No comments:
Post a Comment