Saturday, June 19, 2010

Construction Ahead


This week I'm seeing friends and one never knows on the road where one might end up. I called a friend to say I would be in town and was there a convenient campground nearby and he said, "You can stay in my yard. " He owns a construction company and could supply water and electric and so Alice and I are parked with the big guys. Jim stays on site and so do some employees and we had a nice dinner in the parking lot and sat out for a while. In the morning they all went to work and I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland for most of the day. It is a beautiful museum and the exhibits are quite well done. There was a two floor exhibit about Bruce Springsteen. This opera fan learned a lot about rock.
On to Michigan stopping in Lansing to visit with a friend and then to a party given by some friends from the Florida Keys. They invited me in February and since I planned to be in the Great Lakes I was pretty sure I could get here. Now parked in a field across the street. No hookup. I am on battery and using water from my fresh water tank which I filled in the last campground. It all works for a while.
Next week I plan to find a campground on a lake and stay a week. Read, take photos, explore and just enjoy the outdoors and the solitude.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment