Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cleveland

All the way back to Cleveland Ohio I stayed with Jim in the Construction company yard this time for 5 days including a wonderful weekend. I spent days when Jim was working washing both vehicles (the Airstream had a continent of dirt on it since campgrounds will not let you wash vehicles) and reading and doing other housekeeping. We planned our Saturday on Thursday.
Jim took me to a farmers market housed in a 100 year old building that is a National Historic Landmark. Tiled inside it is a beautiful building. Later we took a picnic to the zoo. The zoo is a world class zoo with animals I had never seen. Their panda had triplets this year but they were not on view yet. Pictured is a koala holding her new baby sleeping in a tree. I got a good picture of a bald eagle that was in an enclosure open to visitors so no netting in front. We walked around until closing time and took the picnic back for dinner. On Sunday Jim took me for a ride in his Cobra, a replica of a 1960s race car. Here is a first
for this blog. A picture of me. Behind the wheel of the Cobra. No I didn't drive it. Now in Pennsylvania headed for my daughter's family and will play with my granddaughters for a week. Then I will go to Maine and sail on my beloved Schooner the Lewis R. French. If you want to see it go to the website: www.SchoonerFrench.com

No comments:

Post a Comment