Thursday, September 2, 2010

Prison/Road Hazards

In Laramie, Wyoming is a prison built to house prisoners in the 1800's. It house Butch Cassidy among other cattle rustlers and bank robbers and murders. The restoration of this territorial prison is very acurate and a treat to visit. I loved driving through Wyoming. It is a beautiful state and I hated to leave..

In the west there are many road hazards that don't exist in the east. The signs were enlightening and frightening. Here are a few. "Severe storm area", Dust storm area, Do not stop on the road", "Tsunami hazard area. In case of an earthquake go to higher ground". "Sudden high wind area", "Rocks", "Report wild fires" "Rt 80 closed when flashing, Return to (nearest town).
Weather is intense out here and I was lucky enough to avoid most hazards. I camped in Boise below a wildfire that did not threaten the campground and was hit by some sudden wind gusts but have fared well on the weather front.
I saved this for 5 days. Now have visited my friends Lesley and Jeff and their 3 year old daughter and 1 month old son. Nice days visiting. Next visit a Florida Keys friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment