Friday, August 27, 2010

Crater Lake

I was told I couldn't leave Oregon without going to Crater Lake. It is beautiful. I came, I saw, I didn't conquer. What didn't I conquer? The rim road. It was another of those roads on the side of a mountain or in this case the crater. This one was the worst and I admit that I found my sissy point. I was terrified. The line on the side of the road was all I had. From that line there were steep long drops. I was towing the trailer making it worse. I encountered the trolley that the park runs for tours and stopped dead in my lane. I stopped at 2 turnouts and took pictures. I came to a wide turnout, turned the trailer around and went back out of the park. I was shaking.













The rim road defeated me. I saw Crater Lake.
Later in the day I went to the High Desert Museum in Bend, Oregon. It is a great museum. I've been in the high desert but this gave a lot of information. They had this old Forest service fire engine and a lynx along with other desert creatures.
I am headed east now. I drove through the Columbia River Gorge on my way east on Route 84. A beautiful drive. I will be impatient to see all of you my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment