Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oregon Coast

After a week on the Pacific Coast I got my first sunset picture. I am on the Oregon Coast which is foggy and cloudy most of the time this summer as was Washington. A family of teenagers cooperated by watching this sunset and turning cartwheels providing wonderful silhouettes against the setting sun. The Oregon Coast is beautiful when you can see it as some of these pictures show.





The Lighthouse is the Cape Meares Light at 38 feet high it is the shortest lighthouse in Oregon but it is on a high headland. On the rock off the lighthouse a bald eagle was posing. I plan to stay in Oregon for another week or so and then begin the journey back east. Meanwhile some maintenance to my car. Two new tires at the tire store and a
carwash provided by the Newport Oregon Basketball team for donations. The were happy to pose with the car which was cleaned of a whole continent's dirt.
It is even more lonely out here because by the time I finish my activities and dinner and clean up it is too late to call anyone in the east with 3 hours difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment