This fall I plan to follow the Mississippi River south. I am in Columbus, Kentucky at a state campground on the bluffs overlooking the Big Muddy.
I am following the Great River Road, a series of roads all the way up and down on both sides that are closest to the river. They are secondary roads and more interesting.
I am also reading, as I go, "Feasting on Asphalt: The River Run" by Alton Brown. He takes motorcycle
trips and finds local restaurants with authentic local cuisine. I plan to stop at some of the suggestions.
At my last campground, not feeling well I stayed an extra day and rested. In the afternoon I went to the office and the woman in charge, Joyce said. "I was thinking of you because I was at a garage sale and there was a string of lights with little trailers on them just like yours". I asked where the sale was and she said to come with her and she would take me there. For $2 I have a set of Airstream lights to hang in the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment