I had never been in the Long Island Sound and now I can add it to my list of good places to swim. At least it is good for swimming there, maybe not
so good in the area close to NYC.
Every day I rode out the bike trail
on a trail bordered by Rosa Rugosa or
Beach Roses. You could see the LI Sound in some areas and being off season, of course, it was uncrowded.
The camp sites were so large that I could pull my camper in across the site and my door and awning faced the road. That meant that my side window faced a marsh where there were lots of birds including egrets and the glossy ibis pictured here.
When we left the park I followed Jane's directions to their home in a rural part of Connecticut. They have 8 acres, largely wooded where they built a log home. Every night in their pond the Peepers put me to sleep. I am visiting places like Mystic Seaport, the subjects of future postings.
No comments:
Post a Comment