George told me where to stay in Salem. O.K. I am in a Salem park and the RV site is in a parking lot. The good news is I am backed up to this glorious view of Salem Harbor and a sea of masts. There is always activity to watch but I am not here much of the day. We went sailing on Tuesday. I had the helm all the way back from Gloucester
Wednesday (July 27) I toured Salem and its wonderful museum the Peabody Essex Museum. The museum was the outcome of the formation of the East Indies Maritime Society in 1799. The mariners were bringing artifacts and art from cultures unknown to most and these became the beginnings of their collections.
There are also maritime exhibits. This
Included in the museum is this major model of the liner Queen Elizabeth launched in 1949. It is significant to me because when I was about 10 I went to New York with my grandmother to see friends off on this ship. It was quite an exciting adventure for me including listening
Well, this morning I got up for the sunrise. This lighthouse is in the city park so I had some interest for a good picture.
Today, we sail. Tonight I stay on Precocious overnight. Aah. Sunset from the cockpit!
No comments:
Post a Comment