| Sunrise on the Wye River |
| Sunrise at Bethany Beach |
After spending time visiting with family I went to my friends, JoAnna and Ray in Delaware. Jo knows that I disappear early in the morning and can be found on the beach at Bethany watching for good sunrise pictures. After a few days with them
I went to visit Dan. We went sailed and biked and just hung out on the dock in the evening until the
mosquitos began to bite. While we were sailing Dan explained how the watermen catch crabs. They drop a long line onto the river bottom baited at intervals with bulls lips. They pick up the line and put it over a pulley on the boat. The boat moves slowly and the line lifts with crabs hanging onto the bait. The waterman will use a net and scoop them up before they get to the surface and put them into their buckets. We saw several of these boats and watched the men scooping up crabs.
| Waterman crabbing on the Wye River |
No comments:
Post a Comment