For the past 10 years the breakfasts have been a lot of fun. I invite most everyone I know. For some like former colleagues it is the only time all year that I see them. Others like best friends, fellow book club members, choir friends, and friends from Finger Lakes Daylily Society all mingle and find connections and enjoy the gardens; I think. As you see in the photos many just hang around the canopies and talk. Some never view the gardens! Over the years if I have expressed the thought that I would not do the breakfast friends have said, "But we like to come and don't care if there are weeds". That's how I know some don't even view the gardens.
Some friends bring friends which I have encouraged. It is weird, however, to spot someone in my yard that I don't know. Most friends bring their friends and introduce them but some don't. Matter of fact, some don't even come and talk to me at all!
Some friends bring grandchildren who visit them in the summer. This year 2 children met and made friends of each other and one went home with the other for an afternoon play date!
Sometimes my own children have come from Pennsylvania and the NYC area respectively. The party has been a fun event.
I'll miss my garden friends and the party and the gardens but I've felt that it is a lot of work. As of today I am enjoying just walking around the gardens myself quietly.
No comments:
Post a Comment