| Mormon Temple |
This is the program on Sunday Morning. Photos are allowed but not during the broadcast. We arrived early and heard the rehearsal. As a chorister myself this was a wonderful experience. I kept thinking of my father who would have loved seeing this choir in person.
My friend Kathy and I attended and each of us called a person, Kathy her husband, me Jim, and let them listen for a while. Jim said he was the only person on a golf course listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
| Mormon Tabernacle |
Notice the beautiful garden. We took a garden tour of Temple Square.
Salt Lake City has much to offer besides Temple Square and the Mormons although one museum I toured was the Utah Pioneer Museum. It has thousands of artifacts brought on the trek west by the early Mormons. The amazing thing is that every item, shawl, quilt, rocking chair, wagon, teapot and picture is carefully described. What the item is, who owned it, who brought it west and dated. Because the Mormons are careful about genealogy they had records of all the families and know the documentation of each item.
I also visited The Red Butte natural History Museum, a new beautiful building, The Red Butte Gardens which rival Longwood Gardens without the fountain show and the Utah Fine Arts Museum to see an exhibit called "Speed". This was an exhibit of 16 race cars which broke records for speed some on the Bonneville Salt Flats about 110 miles west of Salt Lake.
All of these are in the University of Utah area up on the foothills and appropriately called the "U".
Red Butte Gardens.
| Near Black Scabiosa |
| The Wedding Lawn |
We went on Saturday morning to a farmer's market which also had artists, craftspeople, food vendors and musicians scattered throughout.
These looked yummy but we had berry parfaits for breakfast. Marion berries and raspberries and peaches.
My first sail of the year took place on the Great Salt Lake. I found a brochure for this 27 foot boat and it was a way to see the lake. Funny thing is the next day Kathy and I went to a place in a canyon called Ruth's Diner for breakfast and the captain and his wife came in just after I gave Kathy the brochure in case she has guests who want to get out on the lake.
I did get to sail the boat but neglected to have Captain JR take a picture at the helm. Light winds but altogether a nice sail.
No comments:
Post a Comment