I walked in and sat down. Susan, a waitress pictured here said, "I have to know where you are from." She spotted me as a visitor. I said upstate New York and she asked what brought me here. I said Alton Brown. We discussed what I would have for lunch because the ribs that Alton Brown had eaten were not on the menu that day. She suggested that their cheeseburger was the best I would ever have. She then took my hand and said come here I have to introduce you to someone. Lisa of the visitor center which I found after lunch but it was closed and locked. Susan had me try their own hot sauce which I ended up putting on my cheeseburger although I am not a hot sauce fan. We ended up taking pictures and exchanging e-mail addresses. Susan's card says that Jim's Cafe has the "Friendliest service in the Delta. More than dining, it's an experience." It was just that! It has been fun following Alton Brown's book along the Mississippi. I am in Vicksburg now and there will be more restaurant fun to follow.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Jim's Cafe
I walked in and sat down. Susan, a waitress pictured here said, "I have to know where you are from." She spotted me as a visitor. I said upstate New York and she asked what brought me here. I said Alton Brown. We discussed what I would have for lunch because the ribs that Alton Brown had eaten were not on the menu that day. She suggested that their cheeseburger was the best I would ever have. She then took my hand and said come here I have to introduce you to someone. Lisa of the visitor center which I found after lunch but it was closed and locked. Susan had me try their own hot sauce which I ended up putting on my cheeseburger although I am not a hot sauce fan. We ended up taking pictures and exchanging e-mail addresses. Susan's card says that Jim's Cafe has the "Friendliest service in the Delta. More than dining, it's an experience." It was just that! It has been fun following Alton Brown's book along the Mississippi. I am in Vicksburg now and there will be more restaurant fun to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sally, This is Jan Slusmon from Johnson Road in West Orange. Dolores Miller just told me about your travels. When I went to the blog, I noticed your trip on the Natchez Trace Parkway. I've driven the Trace twice, and camped along it, enjoying it immensely. One of the most significant places to me spiritually has been Meriwether Lewis' grave, where I've spent a lot of time communing with an historical figure I deeply relate to. Anyhow, glad to hear of your travels.
ReplyDelete