Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daylily Heaven


These pictures were taken at Floyd Cove Nursery, Phil Reilly Daylilies and Water Mill Gardens. All are on the same road in Enterprise, Florida within walking distance of each other. When I realized that I was in Florida during peak daylily season I knew I had to visit these gardens. I was welcomed warmly by each owner as a member of Finger Lakes Daylily Society and friend of a Finger Lakes Daylily hybridizer that they all know. Since I don't currently own a home I cannot buy but I told Phil that he would know when I have a garden again because I will send an order. I found a dream flower called Painted Pinwheel at Floyd Cove Nursery owned for 4 years by Guy and Karin Pierce. It looks like they have carried on the Stamiles work and have some interesting looking seedlings.












You can find the nurseries online if you want to order any remembering to order dormant plants not evergreens. It was a beautiful morning and peak daylily season is 2 months away in Western New York. It was nice to see this especially since it snowed in Rochester 4 days ago.

1 comment:

  1. Sally, Thank you for sharing these incredible photos! I have never seen such beautiful and unusual daylillies. Hope you are well and I look forward to following your blog. The lillies you gave me are very happy and I am hoping they will bloom this year!
    xo
    Susan

    ReplyDelete