Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Moving out and On



Moving Day, April 27. After a March without measureable snow and a snowless April there was snow in the morning. At first so light it was hard to think that it might actually be snow. Later moderate wet snow began to fall. If the picture to the left were larger you would see streaks of snow!
The movers arrived, walked through the house and began their work. Careful, professional and polite they tagged everything, wrote the inventory and moved things into the truck not to be seen by me again for the 2 years I plan to travel. Do I miss the "stuff"? No. Was it hard to leave the house. Well, I made this plan a year ago and have not ever looked back. I admit to some emotion when I walked out but I am really happy about the family moving in.
A visit to children and grandchildren on the way and an opera in NYC and then I was on the road to the Florida Keys where my Alice has been stored. I am now re-inhabiting the Airstream and will stay here for a week and re-organize and do some work on the Airstream. Then the adventure begins and the first stop should produce some wonderful daylily pictures.
Stay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment